College Possible

A vast majority of juniors and seniors are part of College Possible. 

College Possible, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to helping students attend and graduate from 4-year institutions of higher learning.  

There are currently 741 high school students in College Possible around the metro and over 25,000 students across the country.  

In the program juniors take three pre-ACT’s to prepare for the actual test in April.  

They have also been on 14 campus visits to various colleges and universities around the Midwest. 

College Possible aims to cater to students from low-income backgrounds as the retention and graduation rates for these students is about 30% lower than those from higher income backgrounds,” Megan Wilson said.  

Megan Wilson is the Junior Coach at Omaha South High Magnet School.   

Before College Possible she was in College and gradated with a B.S. in biology from William Woods University in April 2018.  

The whole purpose is to guide students successfully and give each student equal access to education 

What’s affected me the most in College Possible is the pre-Act’s,” Terrance Belvin said. “My strategies have excelled like comprehension vocab and other important areas.” 

The program helps students know when it is time to be serious and when it is time to play around.  

“What I enjoy the most is interacting and challenging my friends throughout the program,” Belvin said.  

Studies have shown that students benefit from participating in College Possible. The college tours help pursue what the student wants to become as they get older 

“New members come in thinking it’s easy, but there’s a lot of testing which is difficult,” Belvin said. “Don’t give up.”  

While College Possible is advertised around school, it is often not talked about among students.  This means that when students want to learn about the program, they may not know where to go for information. 

“They always have a table at Parent Teacher Conferences, so that’s one way for students and parents to meet some of the current coaches and get to know more about the program.” Wilson said.  

Sophomores are more than welcome if interested in the program, they just have to go down to the Hope Center during lunch or a free period and talk to the directors to learn more about it.